SoCal is full of beaches and everyone knows it, but few have visited them all or even half! Some of these SoCal Sights have been featured in other itineraries and some are very much less known.
Starting from the Bottom of SoCal
1. Imperial Beach is the most southern beach in California – and also the most popular spot for sunbathing and surfing in San Diego! With its beautiful white sand and stunning views, it’s no wonder why people come from all over the world to visit this beach.
2. Coronado Beach is a perfect spot for beach-goers of all ages. With a lively atmosphere and plenty of activities to choose from, this beach is the ideal place to relax and have some fun. And the great thing about Coronado Beach is that, with it’s shallow waters, it’s also a great spot for little swimmers.
3. Ocean Beach is a great beach for those who love to explore. With its vibrant pier, lively shops and restaurants, it’s the perfect destination to unwind and explore the beauty and culture of San Diego.
4. Mission Beach is known for its lively boardwalk, which is filled with shops, restaurants, and plenty of places for beach-goers to relax. With its beautiful beach and stunning views, this spot is great for both families and fun-seekers.
5. Pacific Beach, or “PB” as the locals like to call it, is a great beach for those looking for some action. With its lively nightlife, delicious eateries and vibrant music scene, it’s the perfect spot for a night out on the town.
6. Blacks Beach is known for its breathtaking views and tranquil atmosphere. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing walk on the beach or some great surf, this spot is the ideal destination for a peaceful day.
7. Moonlight Beach is beautiful and serene – a perfect spot to relax and enjoy the tranquility of the waves. With its white sands and clear waters, it’s the perfect destination for a romantic stroll.
8. La Jolla Shores is the perfect spot for beach-goers looking for a little adventure with its stunning underwater cliffs.
9. Del Mar Beach is a stunning beach located in San Diego County, California. It’s known for its breathtaking views, mild climate, and great surfing. Del Mar Beach is a great place to relax and take in the beauty of the Pacific coastline.
10. Cardiff State Beach is a perfect spot for beachgoers and nature lovers alike. Located in Encinitas, California, visitors to Cardiff State Beach can enjoy a peaceful, relaxing stroll along its 1.5 mile stretch of sandy beach. There is also plenty of bird watching opportunities and plenty of places to catch some waves.
11. Carlsbad State Beach is a popular beach in sunny Carlsbad, California. This beautiful beach features plenty of activities, from surfing and water sports to beach volleyball and picnicking. Carlsbad State Beach is also a great spot for camping and bonfires.
12. Oceanside Beach is one of the most popular beaches in San Diego, California. This beach is known for its long sandy beach, excellent surfing opportunities, and beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean. Oceanside Beach is also a great place to enjoy a picnic and take in the breathtaking sunset.
Orange County & Around
13. Newport Beach is a spectacular beach located in the city of Newport Beach, California. This beach is known for its clear blue waters, excellent swimming, and abundant wildlife. Newport Beach is a great spot for sunbathing, fishing, and whale watching.
14. Balboa Beach is a beautiful beach in Newport Beach, California. This beach stretches for miles and is perfect for swimming and surfing. Balboa Beach is also a great spot for watching the sunset and enjoying some fresh seafood.
15. Huntington Beach is a world-famous surfing spot located in Huntington Beach, California. This beach is known for its beautiful coast line, great surfing waves, and lively beach atmosphere. Huntington Beach is a great spot for those looking for some fun in the sun.
Los Angeles Beaches
16. Seal Beach is a charming oceanside town with a historic downtown, located just south of Long Beach in sunny Southern California. With a long stretch of beautiful sandy beach, Seal Beach is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a peaceful day in the sun.
17. Long Beach is a vibrant coastal city located in Southern California, home to unique attractions and year-round events. Enjoy a stunning view of the Pacific Ocean, explore the diverse neighborhoods, and take advantage of the city’s numerous outdoor activities.
18. Cabrillo Beach is a stunning beach located in the Point Fermin neighborhood of San Pedro, California. It is well-known for its rocky shoreline and eco-friendly sandy beach, both perfect for a refreshing dip in the Pacific Ocean.
19. Dockweiler Beach is a popular beach that stretches along the Los Angeles International Airport’s runway in Westchester, California. Famed for its spectacular seaside views and vast shoreline, Dockweiler Beach is perfect for sunbathing and playing beach sports.
20. Venice Beach is one of the most iconic spots in Los Angeles, known for its vibrant boardwalk full of street performers, funky shops, and delightful restaurants. Spend the day at Venice Beach, and enjoy the long stretch of white sand and beautiful Pacific Ocean.
21. Santa Monica Beach: Located in Southern California, Santa Monica Beach is a great spot for those looking for some sun, sand, and surf. You can find amazing views of the Santa Monica Pier and the iconic palm trees lining the shore. It’s also a great spot for activities like volleyball, surfing, and paragliding.
22. Malibu Beach: This iconic beach is world-famous for its stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, its white sand, and its celebrity sightings. The sandy beach stretches for over 21 miles, making it perfect for walking along the ocean waves. You never know who you might spot while soaking in the beauty of this beach.
23. Leo Carrillo Beach: This beach is located in the heart of Southern California’s coastline and serves as a great spot for swimming, surfing, and kayaking. The beach is also home to an enchanting sea cave, which you can explore or just admire from the shore.
24. County Line Beach: At County Line Beach, a great spot for boogie boarding and body-surfing, the waters are usually calm and tranquil. For those looking for some scenery, this beach features majestic coastal bluffs, providing breathtaking views of the ocean.
25. Zuma Beach: Located in Southern California, Zuma Beach is an impressive beach with two and a half miles of sandy beachfront. Here, you can take a dip in the ocean and relax in the sun. Other activities available at the beach include volleyball, kayaking, and windsurfing.
26. Point Dume Beach is a stunning coastal spot near Malibu, California. Popular as a surf spot, the beach also offers plenty of views of the California coastline and lots of interesting wildlife to observe. It’s an especially great spot for whale watching during the winter months!
27. El Matador Beach is a picturesque beach located in Malibu, California. It’s an ideal spot for a romantic beach wildlife, as the cliffs, rock formations, and caves create a beautiful backdrop to the crystal-clear waters. Don’t forget to BYO food and enjoy a picnic here!
28. Paradise Cove Beach is a secluded beach popular for its breathtaking views and relaxation. With its wide expanse of white sand and calm waves, it’s the perfect spot to practice your yoga or go for a leisurely swim.
29. Leo Cabrillo Beach is a much-loved spot in San Pedro, California. With plenty of tide pools to explore, it’s a great spot to spend the day with the family. You can also camp here, if you want to stay a little longer.
North of Los Angeles
30. Santa Barbara Beach is a stunning beach located along California’s coast. With breathtaking cliff views, clear waters and lots of activities like kayaking and beach volleyball, it’s the perfect destination for a weekend getaway. This beach also offers plenty of spots for fishing, so don’t forget your rod!
31. Rincon Beach: Located near the town of Carpinteria, Rincon Beach is a popular surf spot among Southern California beachgoers. With a series of rocky headlands, coves, and bays, you can enjoy a long day of surfing or swimming at this stunning beach, which is framed by lush palms and coastal shrubs.
32. Sands Beach: This beautiful beach near Santa Barbara is ideal for relaxation and family fun. Enjoy a peaceful stroll along the shoreline or a refreshing dip in the water, as you take in stunning views of the Channel Islands and the majestic Santa Ynez Mountains. With plenty of picnic tables and grassy areas, Sands Beach is the perfect spot for a summer picnic.
33. Refugio Beach: Located between Gaviota and El Capitan, Refugio Beach is an iconic spot for beach-goers in Southern California. Enjoy a stroll along the shoreline, take a refreshing dip in the ocean, and enjoy the views of the majestic Refugio State Beach, which is nestled between picturesque hills. With plenty of sand dunes and grassy dunes, Refugio Beach is the perfect place to kick back and relax.
34. Gaviota State Beach: Gaviota State Beach, located near Santa Barbara, is a stunning spot for swimming and beach-goers. With a wide, sandy beach and beautiful views of the Santa Ynez Mountains, you can easily spend an entire day here taking in the sun and sea. From beach volleyball to boating, the beach is packed with activities, so it’s a great spot for families and friends.
35. East Beach: East Beach, located in Santa Barbara, is a popular spot for sunbathers and swimmers. With rolling hills as its backdrop, the beach offers stunning views of the Channel Islands and the majestic Santa Ynez Mountains.
36. Arroyo Burro Beach is a hidden gem in Santa Barbara. It offers a secluded spot to relax, with plenty of ocean side trails to explore. There’s even a lagoon perfect for kitesurfing, with stunning views of the Channel Islands.
37. Leadbetter Beach is a great spot for local surfers and beach-goers alike. It is a popular spot for sunbathing, swimming, and watching the kiteboarders soar above the ocean. Whether you explore by foot or water, you’ll find plenty of breathtaking beauty here.
38. Goleta Beach is the perfect place to build sandcastles, splash in the waves, or take a relaxing stroll along the shore. With winding paths down to the sand and plenty of parking, it’s the perfect spot to plan a beach day in SoCal.
39. Carpinteria State Beach in southern California is a picturesque beach with plenty of activities. From whale watching, to boating, to swimming and surfing, this beach has it all. Be sure to check out the protected bird nesting areas while you’re there.
40. Ventura State Beach is the ideal spot for any kind of beach activity. It offers a wide variety of options from surfing, to volleyball, to picnicking. Head over for an unforgettable day in the sun and enjoy some of the best views in California.
41. Mandalay State Beach is a secluded stretch of beach located near Oxnard, California. With its pristine shoreline and picturesque views, it’s a great spot for a relaxing day in the sun or even some surf fishing.
42. Hollywood Beach is located in Los Angeles, California and it’s one of the best spots for people-watching. With its iconic boardwalk and sandy beach, it’s a perfect place for a beach day full of fun activities like biking, skating, and swimming.
43. Redondo Beach is a popular beach town in Los Angeles, California. It’s known for having one of the longest piers in the area and a unique marine wildlife sanctuary that’s home to a variety of sea creatures. Visitors can also enjoy stunning views of the Pacific Ocean here.
44. Torrance Beach is a beautiful beach paradise in Southern California. With its picturesque shoreline and calming waves, it’s a great spot for a relaxing beach day or a romantic sunset stroll.
45. Manhattan Beach is a gorgeous beach town located in Los Angeles, California. It’s known for its stunning shoreline and iconic beachfront pier. Visitors can also enjoy a variety of beach activities like swimming, surfing, and skimboarding here.
46. Hermosa Beach: Located in the South Bay area of Los Angeles, Hermosa Beach is a fun and bustling beach with crystal clear waters, great surfing, and miles of sandy coastline. A popular destination in SoCal since the 1920s, Hermosa Beach is the perfect place to spend the day soaking up the sun, as well as admiring its nearby pier and lively nightlife.
47. El Porto Beach: Located in the city of Manhattan Beach, El Porto Beach is a beautiful and secluded beach perfect for swimming, surfing, and other beach activities. With a long stretch of white sand and breathtaking views of the ocean and nearby cliffs, El Porto Beach is the perfect getaway for a peaceful day in the sun.
48. Topanga Beach:
Living up to its nickname as the “jewel of Malibu,” Topanga Beach is a popular beach located only minutes from the city center. Featuring large waves, small coves, and plenty of seclusion, Topanga Beach is the perfect spot for swimming, surfing, or simply taking in the stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
49. Will Rogers State Beach:
Located near Malibu, Will Rogers State Beach is a scenic coastal beach that stretches for three miles along the Pacific Ocean. With soft sand and wide open spaces, this beach is perfect for swimming, surfing, and beach activities, as well as admiring the nearby fishing pier and the iconic views of SoCal’s Santa Monica Mountains.
50. Leo Carillo State Beach:
Leo Carillo State Beach is a stunning beach located just north of Los Angeles, known for its stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and its miles of rugged coastline. Along with a great spot for swimming and beach activities, Leo Carrillo State Beach is also home to interesting tide pools, rocky caves, and plenty of wildlife, making it a great spot to explore.